The Perfect Christmas Eve Nighttime Routine - Blogmas Day 24

Monday, December 24, 2018


I can't believe that it's already Christmas Eve - how quick has this month gone? After a hectic time of Christmas shopping, daily blogging, finishing university and so much more, I really haven't stopped this month! That's why I thought it'd be nice to share with you my Christmas Eve routine and favourite things to do, finally taking a well-earned break and relaxing, so I hope you enjoy this post!

The Film - I love watching Christmas films throughout the month of December, but there's always one or two that I like to save until Christmas Eve. This year, I reserved Elf as the one to keep for the special day and watch with all my family, as it's one of my favourites and never fails to make me laugh. Since I've been at uni, I've not actually sat down and watched a film with all of my family in a long time, but it was a really nice cosy evening that we all enjoyed.

The Food - since it's practically Christmas, I make sure to treat myself to some delicious food on this festive evening! Me and my boyfriend made a gorgeous chocolate cake a couple days ago and I couldn't resist a slice of it with some squirty cream - it's seriously so delicious!

The Chill - this Christmas period has felt very non-stop for me, since I've been working, back and forth to Manchester, busy shopping and many other things. That's why I made sure to take the evening as a chilled out one, using it to read blog posts, catch up on vlogmas videos and have a well-earned relax after such a hectic month

The Cosiness - there's nothing better than feeling all cosy and warm on Christmas eve, so I make sure to get changed into some fleecy pyjamas and cosy up under a blanket to get extra warm. If I'm in the mood, a cup of tea or hot chocolate also goes down a treat, and really makes me feel warm and festive on an otherwise cold evening

The Sleeping - the excitement of Christmas means that a lot of people struggle to sleep beforehand, which is why my favourite way to finish Christmas Eve is to read a good book that'll hopefully send me to sleep. If that fails, I'll instead opt for a festive podcast to sleep to, as this normally works and also adds a further injection of festivity into my day

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and I can't believe that it's the end of blogmas! In all honesty, I never thought I'd accomplish 24 posts but I'm really proud of doing it and I loved every moment of it, and I really hope you did too! Thank you so much for all of the continual support on each blogmas post and have a wonderful Christmas!

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment