A New York Beauty and Clothing Haul and Try On

Sunday, March 11, 2018


It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally bringing you my New York haul! I've been working on this post for quite some time but I've been too busy to fully photograph everything until now, but if you're nosy like me and want to know everything I bought while I was away then this post is definitely for you. There's a range of clothing and makeup bits so make sure you keep reading to see what purchases I made whilst in New York!

C L O T H I N G


My main aim for shopping in New York was to buy a variety of clothes, particularly things that I couldn't get here in the UK. However, I soon realised that a lot of the shops aren't really suited to my style and are geared towards that beachy, Hollister-esque look that definitely doesn't match the weather in England. However, I managed to come across some absolute gems in H&M and Old Navy, and I'm really pleased with the items that I managed to find.

H&M Grey Checked Cropped Trousers

One of the main things I was looking for whilst in New York was a fashionable pair of trousers that I could style with trainers, as this is definitely a gap in my wardrobe as someone who practically lives in skirts. I had my eye on these gorgeous ones throughout the trip and finally managed to find them in my size on the last day, and I'm incredibly glad I bought them. They're a very flattering fit and I love the cropped detail to show my ankles (although I have turned them up more to really accentuate this). The hint of mustard running through definitely adds some interest, but their majorly monochrome colour means I'll be able to style them with a variety of outfits. I actually couldn't resist and have already worn these trousers before writing this post, and I have to say that I really do love them!


H&M Light Blue Patterned Trousers



I was definitely on a roll when it came to buying trousers, as I also spotted this gorgeous pair of blue ones in H&M and knew that I had to have them. Pale blue is definitely a staple shade for me in the spring and summer, and I can imagine that these trousers will be perfect for the transitional months paired with a cute blouse or top. Yet again they're really comfortable and have a slight crop which makes them flattering around the ankles, and I definitely think it makes a nice change from wearing otherwise darker alternatives of pants and jeans.


H&M Pale Blue Suede Trainers

If you haven't already gathered then this is by far my favourite colour, so it's no surprise that I absolutely fell in love when I spotted these trainers. I'm not usually one to gravitate towards suede trainers as my walk to and from college is quite muddy and they'll easily get wrecked, but this was a compromise I was willing to make as I adore these trainers. They're really comfortable to wear and I reckon they'll look nice paired with jeans or even a cute dress in the warmer months. The icing on top of the cake was getting to the till and finding out they were reduced from $25 to $7 - I mean you seriously can't turn them down for that price!


Old Navy Cropped Flare Ankle Jeans


Anyone who knows me will know that I've been in a bit of a rut with jeans for the past year or so. I hardly ever wear them as I just don't feel like they're very flattering on me, and so I usually opt for a skirt or dress instead. However, I think I may have finally found the pair of jeans that changes it all. They're a really flattering shape, being quite fitted on the upper leg and then going into a more fashionable flare at the ankle, which is also cropped. This definitely isn't a style I'd normally opt for but I fell in love with them when trying them on and really think that they'll become a staple in my wardrobe. I picked these up in a size 0, which was a super helpful option for someone like me who often finds jeans are just slightly too baggy in their fit.


Old Navy Boho Tassel-Tie Swing Blouse

A cute blouse is definitely a staple of mine in the spring months, and Zara is usually my go-to for fulfilling this quota, but I spotted this one amidst the array of blouses in Old Navy and liked it a lot more than I originally expected. There's no surprise that I was drawn in by the blue and white floral pattern, as my entire spring wardrobe pretty much comprises of those two colours! It's very loose and flowing yet still has a flattering fit, and I love the detail of the tassel tie that screams boho vibes. I'll definitely be reaching for this when the weather gets hotter, as it's such a lightweight yet pretty option that I can't wait to style.

I also bought a leopard print belt in the sale for around $2-3 dollars, as I've loved experimenting with accessories and jewellery lately, but sadly I've been unable to find this anywhere since I've got home, hence why it isn't photographed. Hopefully I'll find it soon, as it really was an adorable belt that'd add a funky edge to an otherwise basic outfit.


M A K E U P


There are no real gaps in my makeup collection, so my main aim for buying cosmetics in New York was to choose brands that aren't available in the UK or are perhaps harder to get without paying extortionate shipping prices. CVS was definitely well-visited and both myself and my mum spent quite some time browsing the drugstore makeup, and I also made a couple of high-end purchases from Sephora, although opting for the travel sizes as I'd rather try a variety of things than just spend my money on one expensive item.

Tarte Tartelette Flirt Eyeshadow Palette


Tarte's a brand that I've never tried anything from before, but after gazing adoringly at all of their makeup in Sephora, I knew I had to pick up something. I'm a sucker for a pretty eyeshadow palette and really adored this one when I saw it. It has the perfect mixture of neutral, everyday brown shades and gorgeous frosted powders that'll look beautiful on the lid, containing all of the essentials you could want from an eyeshadow palette. I can definitely see this being a travel favourite of mine, as it seems like such a versatile palette with crazy pigmentation too, and I'll definitely report back once I've used it more with an in-depth review.


Tarte Hampton's Weekender Contour Palette


Continuing my newfound love of Tarte, I also picked up this contour palette as yet another makeup staple that'll be great for travelling. The perks of having a contour trio is that you can easily create a coordinated look and guarantee all of your face products compliment eachother nicely, and I definitely think this dusky rose blusher will look beautiful combined with the warm-toned bronzer. Although the highlighter is a bit darker than what I'd normally go for, it swatches beautfully and I can't wait to try all of them out, as I really have high hopes for these products. You can guarantee that you'll be seeing more of these on my blog if I fall in love with them, so keep your eyes peeled for that.


Physician's Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer


If anyone was to ask me what my favourite makeup product was, it'd hands-down be bronzer, and I go through them like nobody's business. The Murumuru Butter Bronzer was a product I've heard raved about non-stop on Youtube and so knew I had to pick one up when I was in New York, making the most of trying out brands that we don't have in the UK. I'm really excited to try this, as it doesn't look too orange or shimmery on the skin, and I'm hoping it'll give me the natural, sunkissed glow that I desire.


Milani Baked Blush in Rosa Romantica


These beautiful baked blushers are yet another product that we can't get in England, yet I hear people talk about them non-stop. Although it was hard to make a decision on which shade to buy (as much as I love CVS, it's a pain not being able to swatch any of the products!), I chose this one as it's like nothing else I own. This almost peach pastel shade has gold shimmer running through it and is perfect for providing a radiant glow to the cheeks whilst simultaneously lighting up the face. As someone who quite often opts for a matte blusher, this is definitely a step away from my comfort zone but I really am in love with how it looks once applied.



I hope you enjoyed this blog post and hearing about all of my purchases from New York. As always, thanks for the continual support on my blog, I really appreciate it! Thanks for reading and I'll see you next Sunday with another new post!

Love from Daisy x 

1 comment

  1. Such an amazing haul! I adore those first pair of trousers, they're gorgeous. You got so many amazing things xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete