The Christmas Tag

Sunday, December 04, 2016

The festive mood has really kicked in this weekend, and so I thought what better way to continue this feeling than to upload something Christmas-related on my blog? It's been a long time since I've done a tag post, but I saw this one making it's way around Twitter and just couldn't resist contributing. I'm definitely a huge Christmas fan and love everything about this time of year, so I thoroughly enjoyed answering these questions for you.


1. What are your favourite Christmas movies?
I'd have an incredibly hard time narrowing it down to just one, but some of my favourites include Home Alone, Home Alone 2 and Elf. I've watched these film repeatedly for years and they never fail to get me in the Christmas spirit. There's something about them that feels really nostalgic and special whilst still having funny, lighthearted moments, and so I'd definitely say they're Christmas classics.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
My brother and I always open our presents on Christmas morning. I feel as though part of the fun is when you're lying in bed on Christmas Eve, eager for the next morning to arrive so you can see what presents everyone has received, so I couldn't imagine opening them all before Christmas Day.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
All of my Christmasses have been equally special and lovely, so I doubt I could pick a favourite memory from them. I love every aspect of Christmas and have had so many amazing ones that it'd be virtually impossible for me to limit myself to just one memory. However, a Christmas that definitely stands out is when we first got our puppy, Georgie, as it truly was a surreal day that I'll always cherish.

4. Favourite festive food?
Christmas dinner is hands-down my answer for this question - it's not just my favourite festive food but probably one of my favourite meals in general. I also love the tins of sweets that are sold around Christmas like Quality Street and Heroes, as they're delicious and definitely get me feeling in the Christmas spirit. And you can't forget about Terry's Chocolate Orange, which I'm already looking forward to eating.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
As I mentioned earlier, getting Georgie on Christmas was definitely my favourite 'gift', as he's incredibly special and means the world to my family. My brother and I were both 12 and had wanted a Shih-Tzu for quite a while, so to come downstairs on Christmas morning and meet Georgie was truly the best feeling ever. I can still remember how surreal everything felt to finally have a dog and it's a Christmas that I'll always cherish.


On the left is my first proper photo with Georgie - we'd had him for only a few days at this point. Almost four years later and needless to say I still love him so much.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Whether it's spiced berries, pine tree or anything in between, it's probable that I'll like it. I'm a huge fan of most Christmas scents and so I love burning candles around this time of year. There's something about candles in particular that makes me feel really cosy and warm, so when they're Christmas scented then it's definitely a win in my books.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Something that my family and I often do on Christmas Eve is go to the cinema to watch a film together. I don't really know how this tradition started but it's something that I enjoy doing, especially as I don't go to the cinema very often. I also love getting in the Christmas spirit with some festive music or a Christmas film and having a bit of a pamper.

8. What tops your tree?
This year, we have a shabby-chic snowflake on top of the tree, which I really like and think is a nice change from a standard star. I'm actually in love with our new Christmas tree, as it compliments the rest of the house and is different to what we usually have - yet it's completely to my tastes. I love everything about it, from the colour scheme to the lovely ornaments, some of which I made myself. You can find out how I did that in next week's blog post, so make sure you come back for that.

9. As a kid what was the one gift you always asked for but never received?
I've never really been the type of person who asked for lots of things at Christmas, especially now that I'm older. I tried thinking of an answer for this question but my mind is actually drawing a blank, simply because I never usually ask for specific things and instead I'm surprised by my family.

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
I don't think I could choose just one thing, as Christmas is possibly my favourite time of year and I love everything about it. If I had to, I'd probably say that my favourite aspect is spending time with my family, where everyone is feeling happy and festive.

I hope you enjoyed hearing my answers to these questions and I invite all of you to do this tag post, so make sure you let me know if you have a go and answer them aswell. Thanks for reading and I'll see you next week with another festive post, so goodbye for now!

Love from Daisy x

2 comments

  1. Loooooved this blog post 👌🏽💖
    Your Christmas positivity uplifts my mood 😘 (A while back I emailed you for help on my blog layout so thank you so much for helping me, it means a lot💕✨)

    Simplyjessytee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I definitely try and spread my Christmas spirit as much as possible, since it's one of my favourite times of year. And no worries, glad I could help! xxx

      Delete