My Current Favourite Products from Essence

Sunday, April 03, 2016


Essence is renowned for being a really affordable makeup brand, whilst still producing some high-quality products that are now frequently stocked in the UK. I've definitely tried a number of their products and thoroughly enjoyed them, whereas others are new discoveries that I've only recently started trialling. Today, I thought I'd share some of my favourite products from this brand with you and hopefully persuade you to try them out, since they're definitely worth it!

Soft Tough Mousse in Matte Honey
I’ve had this product for quite some time and definitely enjoyed using it as a bronzer, despite its actual purpose being as a foundation. This cream product has a smooth, velvety texture that makes it really soft and easy to apply, turning into a matte, powder finish. It’s definitely quite pigmented, so I feel as though only a little amount of this product is necessary to create a gorgeous, bronzed look. This can definitely be applied in a sheer, natural way for a light bronze to the skin, or much more generously to achieve more pigment. This product is a definite dupe for the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzer, so if you’re looking to try out that product but want something much more affordable, this is definitely worth a trial.



I Love Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base
I’ve only trialled this product a few times, but I’ve definitely found it to keep my eyeshadow firmly in place throughout the day. I find that this definitely helps to control the oiliness of my eyelids and stops any eyeshadow from creasing, meaning my eye makeup lasts for much longer. This eyeshadow base is also made to increase the intensity of the colour that is applied to the eyelid and it provides an even base for any product to adhere to.


Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara
This mascara claims to make your eyelashes look like false lashes, which is a huge claim to make but I do feel like this product lives up to this. First of all, the packaging is really cute and girly, which is an added bonus for this lovely product. This mascara has a thick formula that grips onto your eyelashes and makes them look really voluminous. It may look a bit clumpy in some people’s opinions, but I feel as though it definitely looks like false eyelashes and is very dramatic. For me, this would definitely be more of an evening mascara as part of a bold look, but I really like it and it’s definitely great for such an affordable price.


Liquid Lipstick in Beauty Secret
I’ve been using this product quite a lot over the past few months and it’s definitely been a firm favourite of mine, becoming a staple in my everyday makeup bag. Essence claims that this is a liquid lipstick, and although I feel as though it’s more like a lipgloss, I still think that there is a nice amount of pigmentation. From what I’ve seen, this shade tends to look different for many people, but what seems to be common amongst everyone is that it provides a glossy, plump look and is really comfortable on the lips. I’d definitely recommend trying this if you want something quite bold yet still glossy, and there are also some other beautiful shades on offer. 


Longlasting Nude Lipstick in Come Naturally
This lipstick is a beautiful cool-toned nude shade that has a slight mauve tone to it, making it quite a unique lipstick that is really beautiful. This is definitely different to what I usually wear but I feel as though it looks lovely on the lips. It has a very creamy texture and a nice colour payoff, lasting for a couple of hours once applied. It’s really lightweight and you can barely feel it on the lips, although it does tend to fade after eating and drinking. I think that this is a beautiful take on a nude lipstick and this is definitely a unique shade that I love wearing.



Make Me Brow Eyebrow Mascara in Blondy Brows
As soon as I saw this product I was instantly reminded of the Benefit Gimme Brow, as it’s an obvious dupe of this well-loved eyebrow gel. The brush is really small, which I like as it means you can be precise and really be detailed when filling in your eyebrows. This product is perfect for making your eyebrows look fuller and filling in the sparse areas, giving a more even look. It also helps to set them into place, keeping your eyebrows looking neat throughout the day. The only downside is that I picked up the wrong shade of this product and ‘Blondy Brows’ is slightly too light for me, but I feel as though the darker shade would be perfect and really suit the colour of my eyebrows.


The Gel Nail Polish in Indian Summer
This nail varnish instantly screamed summer to me and I was attracted to the beautiful, vibrant coral shade. I feel as though it will look fabulous against tanned skin, but it also looks lovely against pale skin and definitely stands out. I’ve also heard great things about the formula of these nail varnishes, as they’re said to be long-wearing gel polishes that don’t require an LED or UV light. Their application is really easy and just one coat provides a generous amount of colour, with two or three coats being needed to create an even and vivid look.



That's all for this post! If you've tried any other Essence products and fallen in love with them, I'd love to hear what they are and possibly try them, so make sure you let me know down in the comments. Thanks for reading and I'll see you again on Sunday with a new post, so bye for now!

Love from Daisy x

8 comments

  1. I really love Essence, espacially their eye primer!

    http://beristenbul.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's such an underrated makeup brand! x

      Delete
  2. I love essence, their long lasting lipsticks are incredible and I love the look of that shade.
    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I'm so glad that I discovered them! And it's an absolutely beautiful shade, definitely worth trying! x

      Delete
  3. I love this review and the swatches.

    pinkcoatedlifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nude lipstick was perfect! Also, I loved how the mascara and the liquid lipstick looked. Adorable stuff! Now, I want to get them all...
    www.harshitakapur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely urge you to try them! The mascara is probably one of my favourites out of all of these, and at such an affordable price you can't deny it! x

      Delete