Life Update and Blog Schedule Changes

Sunday, February 21, 2016

I'm just writing this post to let you know that my blog schedule will be temporarily changing from now onwards. Whereas I used to publish two posts every week, I will now only be uploading once. This will remain the same for the near future, especially as my GCSEs are approaching. I've thought about this decision for quite some time and I've realised that it's best to come into action now, so I hope you can appreciate the change.

In the past, I've always uploaded twice a week and found that this best suited my life. However, things have changed since then and I'm a lot busier now than I used to be when I created Daisies and Delights. I have my GCSEs this year, meaning revision has been taking up a lot of my time, and I also have other commitments that I'm loyal to do. This has caused blogging to take a backseat in my life and I haven't been able to invest as much time or effort into it as possible.

With my workload rapidly increasing, I found it harder to create content that I was proud of and a lot of my blog posts were thrown together at the last minute. This is never how I envisioned Daisies and Delights to be and I'd rather cut down on how many posts I upload than be lowering the standard of where my writing and photography is at. I've always believed that you shouldn't post just for the sake of it and I want everything that I upload to be something to take pride over, which I feel like I'll much better achieve by posting less during this busy time.

Before you ask, I haven't fallen out of love with blogging and a lack of enthusiasm isn't the reason for uploading less. My blog is important to me and I really care about it, which is why I want everything that I post on it to be the best possible. I've stated from the beginning that this is only a hobby and that my schoolwork has to take priority, but I still thoroughly enjoy writing posts and taking photographs, as I always have.

As of now, I will only be posting on my blog once a week. My Sunday posts will continue to be uploaded as normal, but Wednesday posts are no longer occurring. This won't make a change to my content and I'll still be uploading my usual style posts, but they will just be less often. Posting once a week will continue from now onwards, as I continue to prepare for my GCSEs and take my exams. Once those are over, which will be towards the end of June, I will return to posting twice a week. So don't worry, as this is only a temporary action and everything will be back to normal before you know it.

I hope that you all support this decision and realise that it's the right thing for me to do right now. I still absolutely love blogging and I've got some amazing posts coming to you in the future, but hopefully uploading less often will take a weight off my shoulder and allow me to focus more on these new post, as well as my GCSEs. Thank you to all of my readers for supporting me and I guess I'll see you with a new post next Sunday!

Love from Daisy x

2 comments

  1. Hi Daisy, this sounds like a good decision! One of the most important life lessons I've learned is how to prioritise and you're doing much better at it than I was at 16! Making sure you keep posting content you're proud of whilst having more time and less stress can only be a positive change. Good luck with the revision! :)
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so - I was worried that people would be annoyed about me posting less but it's great to see some positive feedback! Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! xx

      Delete