My Favourite Makeup Products of 2015

Sunday, January 03, 2016


It's officially 2016, which means that it's time to round up my makeup favourites from the past year. There has been quite a few new discoveries but some old favourites have made a comeback, so it's definitely a mixed bag of favourite products. I couldn't narrow down some of them categroies to just one product, but I tried my hardest to choose my ultimate favourites from the past year, so I hope you like this post.

I didn't choose a favourite foundation for 2015 since this is something that I don't wear often, so my list starts with my most used concealer. This is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, which will be no surprise to most of you as I praise this product at any possible opportunity. It is incredibly pigmented and covers problematic areas very well. It lasts for ages and is a bargain at only £4.19, which is why I've constantly been returning to it throughout the year.

There are two bronzers that I've particularly loved using this year, the first one being the Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzer. This is a really natural colour, which allows me to achieve a subtle tan and it is perfect for adding a hint of colour. When I wanted a darker tan or for my bronzer to be more defined, I opted for the Sleek Face Form Bronzer, which I've loved using and is definitely one of my favourites.

Blusher is a product that I love trialling, so I found it difficult to narrow down my ultimate favourite for the year, which explains why I'm about to list three products. The first is the Miss Beauty London Blusher in the shade Bonbon, as it's incredibly pigmented and provides a gorgeous sheen on the cheeks. The Bare Minerals Loose Powder Blusher in Beauty has also been a firm favourite of mine, as it's a gorgeous dark pink shade that is blendable and very versatile for creating looks. I've also been in love with the Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Hot Spice, as there is a variety of beautiful colours, all of which have great pigment and staying power.

For highlighter, I've often ventured back to the Sleek Face Form Palette, as the shimmery champagne highlighter is a lovely product that adds a noticeable sheen without looking too over-the-top. I've also loved using the Benefit Watts Up Highlighter, which has a cream to powder formula, meaning it stays in place really well and looks beautiful on the skin.

My favourite eyeshadow of 2015 was probably the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette as this was my first ever high-end eyeshadow palette. All of the eyeshadows are creamy in texture and apply evenly with lots of pigment, as well as the colours being absolutely gorgeous. I've also loved using the MUA Undressed Palette, which is an obvious dupe for the original Naked palette, but much more affordable. Quite often, I've found myself returning to the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, which provides an effortless sheen of rich colour that is blendable and lasts all day.

I found the perfect eyebrow pencil in 2015, which was the Miss Beauty London Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde. This product is really soft and glides over the skin, enabling me to define my eyebrows. The colour matches that of my eyebrows incredibly well and, at only £1, it's impossible to turn down such a lovely product.

I've definitely started wearing eyeliner more often this year, and I've tried a few budget options. Some of my favourites have been the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajals in taupe and nude, which I've loved for their creamy texture and staying power. I've enjoyed wearing the taupe one along my lash line, smudged out, and the nude one looks lovely in the waterline. I've also loved the MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner in Rich Brown, which is a lovely budget alternative that is intensely pigmented.

My mascara favourite has been the same for a long time now, which is the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. I love this product as it can be applied naturally or in a more dramatic way, depending on the look you want. In my opinion, it's really good for lengthening and separation, and the tiny wand makes it incredibly easy to apply. For more dramatic looks, I've been using the Benefit They're Real Mascara, which is amazing for huge looking lashes that are incredibly long and voluminous.

I've tried out a number of different lipsticks and lip crayons over the past year, but there are a couple that stick in my mind as clear favourites. A product that I've mentioned constantly and rightfully so is the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Raplumzel, which is my go-to bold lip colour. This is really flattering on the lips, the colour is gorgeous and it's much more manageable than a proper lipstick. My nude lipstick of choice is the Makeup Revolution Lipstick in The One, which is quite subtle but is a gorgeous everyday shade.

One of my favourite lipglosses is the Essense Liquid Lipstick in Beauty Secret, which is extremely pigmented and lasts really nicely on the lips. I've also loved the Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Rebel, which is a lovely pink shade that is quite sheer when it's first applied but can be built up to achieve more pigmentation. Finally, I always seem to go back to the Miss Sporty Miss Cocktail Lipgloss in Jacuzzi Break, which is a cheap option but I often find myself using it as it provides a gorgeous sheen on the lips.

Post a Comment