Top Budget Beauty Brands That You Need To Try

Wednesday, December 02, 2015


Being a teenager, I don't always have huge amounts of extra money to spend on makeup and beauty products in general, so looking for a cheap alternative is usually the best way forward. Some people might argue that affordable drugstore brands don't offer the best quality of products, but I have discovered quite a few that never fail to amaze me. Today, I thought I would talk you through some of my favourite budget beauty brands.

Makeup Revolution
This brand has definitely made a noticeable appearance in the beauty community over the past year, and rightfully so. They produce amazing products that definitely feel more luxurious than the price may suggest, and are presented in gorgeous, sleek packaging that you wouldn't expect for such an affordable brand. Although I have only tried one of their products, being the Ultra Blush Palette in Hot Spice, I am definitely looking to expand my collection in the future based on what I've heard from other people. Their products start from as little as £1, making it an offer that you simply can't turn down.

MUA
Probably the first budget makeup brand that I discovered, MUA is commonly known for its extremely cheap yet worthy makeup items. I've tried a selection of products from their range and have been amazed every time, with my particular favourites being their Undressed Palette, which is an obvious dupe for the infamous Naked Palette by Urban Decay, and their matte lipsticks, which are intensely pigmented and long-lasting. This is a brand that I'd definitely recommend checking out, as the products are amazing despite what the price might make you think.

Miss Beauty London
Although I've only recently been introduced to this brand, I'm surprised by how often I find myself reaching for their products. Since they're sold in Pound World stores, all of their products are, you guessed it, only £1! This is incredibly cheap, especially when you realise that they are of a great quality. I tried their eyebrow pencil with fairly low expectations, only to find a smooth and creamy product that perfectly matches the colour of my eyebrows, and I've fell in love with their powder blushers. If you ever visit a Pound World store, there's no excuse not to pick up some of their products, as you simply can't let such an offer slide.

Collection
Although the prices are slightly higher than the previous, this brand is still incredibly affordable and offers some wonderful products for extremely low prices. I'm sure you've heard of their Lasting Perfection Concealer, which is my holy grail base product and is completely justifiable for buying at only £4.19. Also, I used to be addicted to their Supersize Fat Lash Mascara, which was really worth purchasing and provided me with lovely long eyelashes. If you haven't already, I'd recommend trying something from their brand as there's a lot of variety and great things on offer.

These are just a few of the budget brands that I've discovered, but I'm always on the hunt for more bargains and money saving deals. If you know of any other makeup brands that are relatively cheap (and preferably based in the UK) then let me know, as I'd love to try them out. 

6 comments

  1. Love all of these except I've never heard of miss beauty london!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend trying Miss Beauty London, it's definitely underrated! x

      Delete
  2. Makeup Revolution has some fab products :) MUA do a few gems too! I am definitely guilty of overlooking Collection though, I will definitely have a look next time I'm out shopping xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, some of the cheaper brands are definitely overlooked but it's worth having a browse as there are some real hidden gems! xx

      Delete
  3. Make up revolution are incredible! Some of my favourite products are from there!

    www.throughthemirror.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I absolutely love all of their products that I've tried! x

      Delete