My Favourite Festive Lipsticks

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Festive Lipsticks Daisies and Delights

This time of year is perfect for incorporating a bold lip colour into your makeup routine, especially with Christmas being right around the corner. There are many different lipstick options to choose from and products to try, ranging from bold berry tones and rich reds. If you're unsure as to what product may be perfect for you, my advice and suggestions might be useful. I've decided to share with my four favourite festive lip products with you, which hopefully you'll find helpful when deciding.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Lip Balm in Keep Mauving
This is my newest bold lip discovery but so far I've been incredibly impressed with it. When it is applied, it produces a pinkish berry shade that has a slight glossiness to it. Unlike a lot of lip crayons, it is incredibly pigmented and even just a light coat of this will provide an intense amount of colour. However, it isn't matte and still feels silky and comfortable on the lips. Also, it lasts throughout the day, making it a lovely alternative to a lipstick that I'd definitely recommend trying.

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Raplumzel
I talk about this lip crayon regularly on my blog, which is simply because I love it and think that it's one of the best of its kind. The colour is a gorgeous berry colour that I find really flattering, but it can also be worn lightly for a vague sheen of pigment, which makes it versatile for any look. This lip crayon smells delicious, is incredibly glossy without being sticky on the lips and is long lasting, so you don't have to constantly reapply it. I honestly couldn't critique this lip crayon, which is why it is one of my go-to products for the festive season.

Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Sepia
I was incredibly thankful to be sent this product around spring, but unfortunately, this colour wasn't appropriate for the season. Now that we've entered the colder months, I feel as though I've found a purpose for this lipstick and I'll definitely be wearing it more often. This hydrating, semi-matte lipstick makes it more bearable to wear an intensely pigmented product. Despite being a lipstick, this product isn't clingy on dry patches, which are often present on my lips in the winter, and it lasts for a long time, wearing down evenly. If you're looking for a more luxurious lipstick to wear during the festive season, this is definitely one to consider.

MUA Lipstick in Shade 13
At the complete opposite end of the spectrum is this lipstick, which is incredibly affordable at only £1. This vivid red is a gorgeous colour and instantly reminds me of Christmas, making it perfect for this season. It has an extremely matte formula, but it still looks really nice if a bit of lip balm has been applied beforehand. Another bonus of this product is that it lasts throughout the day and really doesn't budge, meaning you won't have to reapply it even after eating your Christmas dinner. I'd definitely choose this lipstick if you're looking for a festive yet budget option.

I hope you liked hearing about my favourite festive lipsticks and I'd love to know what yours are since there are many other alternatives that I might not have tried. Make sure you leave me a comment down below saying what your go-to Christmas lipstick is. Thank you for reading and I'll see you on Wednesday with my new post.

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment