The Lip Crayon Edit

Sunday, November 08, 2015


Lip crayons are arguably some of my favourite lip products, and they have definitely increased in popularity over the past few years. The trend was started by the infamous Clinique Chubby Sticks and it has now spiralled out of control, with almost every brand having their take on the iconic product. They're essentially a hybrid of quite a few lip products, making them more wearable than a harsh lipstick, having more pigmentation than a lip balm and still providing a glossy feel, like a lipgloss. Like many other people, I fell in love with these products and, after trying a number of them, I've narrowed it down to my ultimate favourites, ready to share with you.

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks
These are some of my favourite lip crayons and I feature them on my blog regularly. They come in a variety of different shades, three of which I own, and I find that all of these look flattering on my lips. They can be applied lightly for a vague sheen of colour or more intensely, becoming really bold and eye-catching lip crayons. They last really well on my lips and even smell delicious, meaning I probably couldn't fault these amazing products!

Models Own Lip-Stix
This lip crayon was the first that I tried, but I fell in love with it and have been using it ever since. Unlike the others, this is entirely matte, meaning the colour tends to last longer and it is more alike a lipstick rather than a gloss or a balm. Although it can feel a bit drying on the lips, this isn't too big of a problem as they last for an incredibly long time and look lovely on the lips. They're also relatively affordable at £5, which is a lot cheaper than some of the others mentioned.

Clinique Baby Tint Chubby Stick
This is the brand that started off the craze of lip crayons, so it's obvious that this one had to be included. I have one of the Baby Tint Lip Crayons in the shade Poppin Poppy, which is a gorgeous pink shade that is really natural and similar to the colour of my lips. It is really moisturising and creamy on application, feeling rich and soothing against my lips. A sheer wash of this leaves a faint trace of colour, but it is definitely more versatile and can be layered for a bolder but equally as beautiful look.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Lip Balm
I've only recently purchased this lip crayon, so I haven't yet formed full opinions on it, but so far I love it! I own it in the shade Keep Mauving which is a pinkish berry shade that is perfect for the autumn and winter. It is really pigmented, more than I'd expect from a lip crayon, yet it still has a slight glossiness to it that makes it feel silky and comforting on the lips. The colour is really wearable and lasts well throughout the day, as well as being a gorgeous alternative to a lipstick.

These are my overall favourite lip crayons out of those that I've tried, so hopefully I've persuaded you to try some of them or shown you which ones are worth purchasing. There are obviously many more lip crayons out there, so if you know of any that you think I might like then I'd love to hear your recommendations. Thank you for reading this post and I'll see you on Wednesday with a new one.

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment