Beauty and Blogging Resolutions 2015: Update

Sunday, June 21, 2015

We're about halfway through 2015 already, which has gone incredibly quick and it feels like only a few weeks ago when we were saying farewell to 2014. You may recall that I wrote 2 posts at the end of last year, one about my Beauty Resolutions and the other about my Blogging Resolutions. I thought that today I would update you on how they are going and if I've been sticking to them. Below are the goals I set myself:


Stick to a skincare routine
I've improved considerably with this goal, but I'm still quite far away from healthy and happy skin. I've been consistently using a cleanser, spot cream and moisturiser that I know are beneficial and work for me, and I feel like my skin has definitely been better because of this. The only thing I need to work on now is being consistent with this and using them routinely.

Try out bold lipstick
I'm partially there with this goal, as around wintertime I tried out a couple of semi-bold lipsticks, such as the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in the shade Raplumzel. This is quite a sheer berry colour, but it is still more noticeable and darker than what I'd usually wear on my lips. During the second half of this year, I want to try and be more daring with lip colours and step out of my comfort zone.

Experiment with eyeliner
I've been occasionally wearing a nude eyeliner in my waterline, but apart from this I haven't done much towards achieving this goal. I'll admit, I have tried  to wear it but eyeliner doesn't always look right on me and I'm not the best at applying it. I'm getting closer to perfecting this skill and making it a part of my makeup routine, which you'll hopefully be seeing more of in the future.

Vary my eye makeup
I haven't really stuck to this one, as I've fallen into my familiar trap of wearing neutral or no eyeshadow. I just find that browns, taupes and champagne eyeshadows suit my eyes the best and I find them easy to wear. I have ventured into the Naked 3 palette, however, which has a lot of pink eyeshadows that I've loved wearing.

Make my blog more user-friendly
I'm not 100% sure whether I've achieved this or not, but I've definitely tried. I added a new template to my blog a few months ago that makes it a lot easier to navigate and find things on my blog, as well as making it look more professional. My social media icons have been updated, I've added new pages and my popular posts gadget has had a big makeover. There are still a few things that I'd like to do towards this, which you'll see in the near future.

Use social media
I've tried my best to introduce my blog to other social media websites. A few weeks ago, I decided to create a Facebook page for my blog, which is an idea I've been thinking about for quite some time. Although it's still early days with this, I'm hoping that it will be impactful and worthwhile in the future. I've also made an effort to be more active on Pinterest, sharing my new posts as I upload them. You can find both of these accounts in the sidebar if you'd like to check them out.

Film a video
This, to me, is still really daunting and scary, so I don't feel like I am ready to take my blog that step further. Typing up blog posts in front of my laptop is in my comfort zone, and I feel like I'll stick with this format for now. Also, I really enjoy writing and don't feel the need to include videos in my posts. It's not a no, it's just a not yet.

Work on my photography
Although my photography is nothing compared to that of other bloggers, I feel like it has improved considerably over the past few months and even more so since I started my blog. I've got the hang of using angles to optimise photos, finding the correct lighting and editing them so that the photo still looks realistic but enhanced. I'd really like to work on this more, but I'm fine with how it is for now.

Have a blogging schedule
One of the things I'm incredibly proud of when it comes to blogging is my ability to stick to my regular uploading schedule. Aside from a couple of times when I felt like taking a day off, I've uploaded my posts on time and twice a week as they are supposed to be. Right now, I'm not looking to increase this to more posts and I'm happy with the frequency of my posts.

I hope you liked this update on how my resolutions are going and I will give you a final update on them towards the end of the year. I'd love to know how your New Years Resolutions are and if you've stuck to them, so let me know down in the comments. Thanks for reading this post and I'll see you on Wednesday!

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment