My Holiday Makeup Necessities 2015

Sunday, May 10, 2015


If you read any of my posts towards the start of April, you'll know that I was on holiday in Spain. I had a great time and wasn't quite ready to return home, so I thought I'd keep myself in the holiday mood by writing a blog post about it! Today, I will be showing you what was in my makeup bag for my trip abroad, so I hope you like it.

Face
I don't like wearing a lot of makeup, especially when I'm on holiday, so I only packed the necessities to create a pretty face look. I wanted my skin to look as close to flawless as possible, which I knew called for a high coverage and long lasting concealer. Everything else was quite natural, making my skin look glowing and fresh.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Foundation might be too heavy on your skin if you're in the sun, so you should opt for a concealer instead. Whether it's for covering up blemishes, hiding a bit of sunburn or to even out your skin tone, I'd recommend packing a high coverage product like this.
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil Powder - I packed this product as I've been using it a lot recently but I didn't find myself reaching for it during the holiday. I wanted my makeup to look quite dewy and glowing, so I didn't feel like a powder was necessary.
Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzer and Blusher - This bronzer allowed me to add a bit of colour to my face before I caught the sun and really suits my complexion. It's also quite sheer, meaning you can't go overboard but are still able to warm up your face and add colour. The blusher is a bright pink that looks beautiful and natural when applied.
Bourjois Cream Blusher in 03 - This is a gorgeous cream blusher that is foolproof and looks lovely on the skin. It is compact and the perfect size for travelling, as well as being a great way to add a hint of colour and shimmer into your cheeks.
MUA Powder Blusher in Lolly - I wanted to ensure that I had a coral blusher with me as well as two pink ones, and this was my first choice. Despite being from a budget brand, it's of an amazing quality and gives a beautiful flush. It's matte, has great pigmentation and definitely worth £1!

Eyes
I wanted to pick products that were quite versatile and had a lot of uses for this section of my makeup, as I hoped to create a variety of eye looks with only a few products. Some of these were firm favourites that I couldn't do without and others were chosen because they're more practical for travelling or products that I wanted to get more use out of.
Avon Eye Primer - This ensured that my eyeshadow lasted all night, staying in place for as long as required. It also cancelled out some of the imperfections on my eyelids. Although I don't know how long this made my eye makeup last for, as I removed it after a few hours, it's still a great product.
MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette - I picked this palette to take on holiday with me as it's the most versatile and has a variety of different eyeshadows - both matte and shimmery. This meant that I could create a lot of beautiful looks, all from one palette that's slim and easy to travel with.
Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Bikini-Tini - Some days, I opted for this as an eyeshadow base, since it's a lovely colour and compliments my eyes really well. It's easy to apply and looks gorgeous either on its own or paired with other eyeshadows.
Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in 05 Nude - As you can tell from my March Favourites post, I've been loving this eyeliner recently. I applied it in the waterline and it quickly brightened and opened my eyes. It has a creamy texture, applies incredibly easily and is incredibly long-lasting.
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - I use this mascara all the time as it's very quick and easy to use. One layer creates a natural effect, but after curling my eyelashes and applying some more, they are a lot longer and more dramatic. This mascara never smudges and isn't at all clumpy.

Lips
I tried to limit the number of lip products I packed as much as possible, but it was hard as you never know what colour will suit your outfit or the rest of your makeup. I felt that the best way to go was to have a neutral colour, a bright colour and some lipglosses, as this ensured I could create a few looks that would go with almost any makeup look.


No7 Perfect Lips Pencil - I don't know what shade this is in, but it's a lovely neutral pink that is really close to my lip colour. I like to use this to outline my lips and make them look plumper, or just as an all-over colour which is subtle but gorgeous on the lips.
Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Pashmina - This is quite a neutral lipstick with hints of pink shimmer in it. I find it to be quite a sophisticated colour - perfect for getting dressed up of an evening. It is creamy and long lasting on the lips, looking especially nice paired with a statement eye look.
Models Own Lip Stix Crayon in Beauty Blush - I wanted to take a bright pink lipstick with me but settled on this lip crayon instead. It's matte but a lot more creamy and not as harsh as a lipstick. The colour can be really intense or blended out for a sheer wash of pink, making it quite easy to wear.
Miss Sporty Miss Cocktail Lipgloss in Jacuzzi Break - I threw this in my makeup bag but didn't end up using it, despite it being one of my favourite lipglosses. Although it's supposed to be a pale pink, to me it's a clear, shimmery lipgloss that makes my lips look plumper and finishes off a lip look.
Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie Lipgloss in Rebel - I've loved this lipgloss since I first got it and found that it is perfect with the Models Own lip crayon that I mentioned earlier. It is very glossy but not at all sticky and has a lot of pigmentation to it. It also lasts for quite a long time on the lips.

Looking back, I think it's safe to say that I packed a bit too much makeup and probably didn't need to take all of that with me. I hope you liked seeing what was in my holiday makeup bag and make sure you let me know if you want detailed product reviews on any of those mentioned above, as I'd be more than happy to write them. Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon!

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment