Barry M Natural Glow Eye and Cheek Palette Review

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hello, everyone! I'm back today with another product review, this time of the Barry M Natural Glow Eyeshadow Palette. This used to be one of my favourite palettes when I first bought it and I've featured it in a number of posts, yet never got around to reviewing it until now. It's honestly a lovely palette that I think you'd all like, so I hope you enjoy reading this post.


This vegan and cruelty-free eyeshadow palette is a drugstore bargain that I used to resort to on a regular basis. It will only set you back £6.49, which is great considering it contains two matte eyeshadows, four shimmery eyeshadows and a blusher. They are all very neutral based complimentary colours that can be used to create a variety of different eye looks. 

The eyeshadows are presented in pale beige cardboard packaging with bronze lettering, which reminds me a lot of the presentation of the Stila palettes. It is slim and compact, but not very sturdy, yet it is suitable for travel as it fits easily inside my makeup bag. Inside, there is a decent sized mirror and some sponge-tip applicators, which aren't photographed as I don't tend to use these.

The first shade in the palette, and probably the most disappointing if I'm honest, is a pale rose colour that has a hint of silver shimmer running through it. I love the colour of it and think that it's fairly similar to the shade Limit from the Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay.It looks beautiful in the pan but it's actually really sheer and barely shows up on the lid. This eyeshadow has quite a chalky and crumbly texture, which means there's a bit of fallout.

The next eyeshadow in the palette is a matte white, which I think is a nice addition to the eyeshadow palette that can often be overlooked. This is particularly great as a highlighter either on the brow bone or inner corners and can also be applied over any eyeshadow to lighten it up. It isn't the most pigmented of eyeshadows but it's still a very nice colour to have.

A matte brown is always extremely handy to have in an eyeshadow palette, and this one is definitely useful. I find that the formulation of this eyeshadow is a lot nicer than the previous and it is a lot creamier. It is quite pigmented and is perfect for adding a wash of colour all over the lid or for a bit of definition in the crease. This could also be used as an eyebrow powder, but it's too light for me.

The next three eyeshadows in this palette are my favourites and I probably get the most use out of them. There is a metallic silvery grey, a dark bronze and a deep plum-toned brown, all of which look beautiful when applied. They are extremely pigmented and buildable but blend really easily. All of these look gorgeous in the crease and are perfect for creating dark, smokey evening looks.

I'm not a huge fan of the baby pink blusher in this palette, as I find that it's too pale for my skin tone and doesn't suit me. When swatched, it comes out very light is almost invisible on my skin, leaving behind a subtle shimmer. Personally, I think this works best as a highlighter and actually looks quite pretty used in this way, but it just doesn't work as a blusher for me.

Overall, I think that this palette is really nice and a great one to have in your collection, aside from a couple of issues that I have with it. It is versatile and you can create any look, from a subtle eye with a hint of definition to a bold, nighttime appropriate look. There are definitely some dupes for the Naked palettes amongst it, but this is a much more budget friendly alternative. I'd definitely recommend this if you're new to makeup, as it has all of the essential colours you'll need.

I hope you enjoyed reading this product review and if there are any other items that you'd like to see me write about in the future, make sure you let me know. Thank you for reading and I'll be back on Sunday with a new post, so I'll see you then!

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment