2014 Memories

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 has came to an end and we're all ready to welcome a new year. I thought this was the perfect time to look back at the previous year and think about my favourite memories and achievements. At the start of the year I decided to write them all down so I could share them with you. Here are just a few of my favourite memories, so I hope you like them!

Books
I read so many books in 2014 and I discovered new authors and novels that I really enjoyed. Out of all of the books I read in the past year, my favourite would have to be City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. Another moment which stands out is going to the book signing for The Iron Trial and meeting Cassandra Clare and Holly Black. I spent a lot of my summer around books this year, as I volunteered at my local library, assisting them with their summer reading challenge.

Performing Arts
Throughout 2014, I was a member of Lipa, which meant I could take part in shows and exams. I was a member of Matilda the Musical and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, both of which were really enjoyable and went really well. In a musical theatre exam held by Trinity, I managed to get a distinction, which I was really pleased with. I also participated in a dance show in my school and held a dance workshop for children. In 2014, I started my bronze arts award, which I will be finishing in the new year.

School
The past year of school was an important one for me, as I was picking my options. This was stressful, but I ultimately picked the right subjects. Other things that happened in school were winning an award for IT, winning a school challenge for science and joining the gifted and talented group. Towards the end of the year, I joined STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) club, which has opened me up to many more opportunities.

Sports
I'm not the sportiest person but in 2014 I tried to get involve where I could. I participated in badminton in school for a while, which I really enjoyed and allowed me to meet new people. I also came 4th place in sports day running the 1000m, which to me was a huge achievement considering my opponents all went to running clubs.

Twitter
I spend a lot of time on Twitter and it payed off by being recognised by a few people. Cassandra Clare (who I have already mentioned a lot in this post) replied to one of my tweets, which I was thrilled with. Becca Fitzpatrick, who is another one of my favourite authors, tweeted me as well.

Blogging
2014 is the year which I started my blog. Since then, I've gained a lot of followers and made so many new friends. I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Blogger Award (twice!), which were huge achievements for me. I've worked with quite a few bloggers and been recognised by PR companies and brands, which is insane considering I've only just started out. More recently, my review of the Styleicona app was featured in their online magazine, which I am extremely grateful for. 

These are just a few of the things that happened this year and there are so many more memories that I have gained from 2014, which I am thankful for. What have you enjoyed in 2014? Let me know down in the comments! Thanks for reading this post; I hope you liked it and I'll see you in the new year.

Love from Daisy x

4 comments

  1. a wonderful blog and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your achievments this year :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I really like your blog by the way :) x

      Delete