Interview with AmBlog

Friday, November 28, 2014

One of the things which I really enjoy doing on my blog is interviewing other bloggers. It gives me the chance to get to know them better, as well as an insight to their website. Today, I will be interviewing Amber Smith from AmBlog. Ever since I stumbled upon her blog, I've really enjoyed reading it, so I was thrilled when she accepted this interview. I hope you enjoy it!

1) How long have you been blogging for and why did you choose to start a blog?

I've been blogging for just over a year now, still feeling new to the game - though whatever I’m doing, blog thoughts pop up. ‘Ooh that would make a great blog post’ / ‘What a great Post Title’ / ‘Oh where’s my camera’ – I'm sure you all know what I mean. I chose to start a blog as a way of expressing myself, without the limitations of the subject being ‘my life’, or pressures that social media brings. I've always loved the idea of a website, and AmBlog is simply me, in HTML form - the way I always wanted it to be.

2) Have you always liked fashion and beauty or is that something that started when you made your blog?

In that respect, I think I’m a late bloomer. I've always loved shopping, and nosing for bargains – so clothes, and consequently beauty crushing, has led on from that love. But before that, makeup was more of a necessity to cover a blemish, or 10, and keep the shine at bay. Mum wasn't a ‘put a face on’ kind of person, I have no sisters, and YT and Blogs were still illusive to me back then. I actually have a twin to thank for the makeup love. From there it was a slippery slope with dabbles in teal eyeshadow and shimmery lipstick. We all start somewhere, but it’s those occasions I question why someone didn’t just say - ‘No’. I'm more settled in my knowledge now.

3) What products or items can't you live without and use on a regular basis?

I'm a bit of a cliché. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in ‘Peach Glow’ is always on hand and Collection’s Concealer (the cult classic) really is high grade – both in having a truly pale shade, and industrial strength coverage. My 'I could live without, but head over heels for’, is Dior Amber Diamond. I was so ecstatic, I bought 2! If the name wasn’t enough to sway me, then the champagne gold shimmer would. Shame it’s discontinued, highly coveted, but a girl doesn't need 2 – so I would never say never to a special blog give away of it sometime in the future.

4) Are there any products you're hoping to try out?

My bronzer recently smashed, so the Estee Lauder ‘Bronze Goddess’ is top of my 'to try’ list. I'm also keen to get some MAC eyeshadows, but £10 plus a case has me wobbling. ‘Satin Taupe’ is top of the list, as it’s so darn beautiful and as far as I know, unique? Shortly followed by ‘Wedge’ and 'Omega’, as I’m short of a cool toned, pale matte for ombre eyebrows and as a ‘transition’ shade.

5) What posts do you enjoy writing and have the most fun with?

Thrift Finds’ - I enjoy thrifting over highstreet anyday and having an excuse to go out and roam the sales and charity shops is great. They also happen to be one of the most popular posts, so it must be rubbing off on my readers. I’m also still ecstatic from my Halloween makeup (‘I Robot’) look. I forgot how much fun it was to let off steam by putting on a load of makeup, in a way that general ‘face chores’ have taken away. Makeup is made to be played with, so I’ll be making sure there’s a regular spot for that over on my blog from now on.

6) Do you have any exciting blog related things coming up soon?

Getting back into the swing of things – life has been getting in the way of my blogging recently, for which I'm not making excuses, just want to rectify. Post ideas/half done attempts are stacking up, as my ‘oh I could blog about that’ mind hasn't turned off. I'm also off to Manchester to spend time with my cousins, and celebrate my best pals 21st in style, so plenty fresh things for Amblog. That, and Christmas! For which I’m aiming to do daily ‘In The Life’ blog posts across the Christmas week. The tree is going up this weekend, so it seems the Christmas cheer is already starting.

Thank you very much to Daisy, for deciding an interview with me was worth a publish, and proving that bloggers really are such sweethearts. For anyone interested in me, my life, or simply ‘revelling in the beauty that is the little things’ then find my blog at www.ambloglife.blogspot.co.uk or https://instagram.com/ambloguk

Happy Weekend, Happy Blogging, from a Happy Amber xxx

I really enjoyed working with Amber and I'm glad that she was cooperative when working on the interview. Overall, she's really sweet and I love her blog, so make sure you check it out!

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment