June Favourites 2014

Sunday, July 06, 2014

It's been quite a while since my last favourites post, but since I've been loving a lot of new things lately I thought I'd give you one. So here we go! I tried to restrict this one to just makeup and skincare items, as random favourites would've made this post too long. However, if you would like a random favourites post as well, just let me know!


The first product isn't new to me as I've had it a while, but I've certainly been using it a lot more. Benefit's They're Real mascara is quite expensive at £19.50, but it's honestly worth the price. It adds a huge amount of volume, length, colour and lift, which is everything that I look for in a mascara. The reason it has amazed me so much this month is because of it's staying power, despite it not being waterproof. I went to a theme park with my school on Friday and everyone got completely soaked as it didn't stop raining. When we got home, every other girl had mascara all around their eyes and it looked quite bad, yet mine was completely intact. There wasn't a smudge and it looked like I'd just applied it. I have a mini version of this product but as soon as it runs out I'd definitely buy the full size.



This month, I've been a bit more adventurous when it comes to lip products. Usually, I just opt for a bit of clear or pale pink gloss, but I've been going for more colours recently. For Christmas, one of my friends bought me these 3 little tubs of lipglosses, which in my opinion are like balm stains. They're from Boots but I don't know the price. The first one, sparkle, is a lovely pale pink colour. It's really vibrant and look so beautiful and feminine when applied. The second one, which was originally my favourite, is called glossy and is a warm pink colour with a slight orange shimmer to it. This is probably the sheerest out of all three of them and the colour is most similar to mine. The last one is be enchanted and is a bright pink colour. It's quite dark but is really pretty and I've been wearing this a lot lately.



I often go through fazes of loving and hating eyeshadow and at the moment it's been hating. Since I go to school 5 days a week, I obviously can't wear a lot of eyeshadow. On Saturdays I do dance, so often I don't want to be wearing eyeshadow as it comes off quite easily when I exercise, and Sundays are my lazy days where I don't bother with much (if any) makeup. However, I have been using my Collection Cover Up stick on my eyelids. It's too pale for me now but on my eyes it cancels out the redness and looks like a beautiful pale eyeshadow.



For brushes, I've really been loving my Bare Minerals mini kabuki brush this month. Usually, I just use my fingers or a concealer brush to blend my skin makeup (I don't usually wear foundation), but I've found that it doesn't end up even. With this brush, it buffs all of the makeup into my skin, leaving me with a natural looking face that looks smoother and has an even layer of concealer covering spots. I got this as a freebie when I went to a spa/makeover party, so I don't know how much it cost.



I've been taking better care of my skin this month, so along with drinking a lot more water, I've also been keeping up with my skincare routine. One step which I can tell has made a difference is moisturising, which I usually can't be bothered with. I use the T Zone skin clearing moisturiser and it's been really good for me. Not only has my skin been clearer, I've also had more moisture in my face, which is what I needed. After using this, I've noticed that my concealer also sits better on my face, as it used to stick to my flaky skin.



So they're my makeup favourites for this month. If you enjoyed this post, there will be 2 midweek posts coming up so make sure you stay tuned. If you never want to miss out and have access to exclusive content, first to know when I'll upload, competitions and many more things, follow me on Twitter or Bloglovin (links in the sidebar). Thanks for reading!

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment