Makeup Items For Beginners

Sunday, June 22, 2014


If you're new to wearing makeup then you might be struggling to decide what you ultimately need. There are so many great products from a variety of different brands, so I thought I'd make this guide to help you when choosing your first pieces of makeup. All of the brands mentioned will be from the UK so I'm not sure if you'll be able to get them in other countries.


For skin, I'd recommend starting off with a concealer. If you don't usually wear makeup, you don't want to suddenly have a face full of foundation, so I'd go for this, as it's lighter on the skin and will be more beneficial if your aim is to cover blemishes and under-eye circles. I'd go for the Collection Cover Up Stick for £1.99 as it's great quality for the price and in my opinion does a better job at concealing redness than a liquid concealer. If you do quite a lot of exercise like I do, it'd be good for you to also get a powder. It will help your makeup last longer and stop your skin from getting oily. My favourite is the Natural Collection Pressed Powder which was only £1.99.



There are so many different eye makeup looks that you can do, but if you're new to makeup I'd recommend going for something more natural. Although not many people wear eyeliner when they first start wearing makeup, if you'd like to then the MUA Pencil Eyeliners are great. They're only £1 but they last for ages, have great pigmentation and even come with a sharpener to save you having to buy one. I have a brown one, as it looks natural yet really nice. For mascara, any of the Collection ones are really good. The one I like the most is the Supersize Mascara for £2.99. In my opinion, it's not at all clumpy and gives just the right amount of definition to eyelashes.



The next product I'm going to recommend is a bit more expensive than the others, but it's still reasonably cheap. That's because it has multiple things inside it. It's the Barry M Natural Glow palette for £6.49. Inside you get 6 lovely eyeshadows and a powder blush, so it's worth it. All of the eyeshadows have good pigmentation and the colours are a shimmery light pink, a white (can be used as a highlighter for under the brow bone), a light matte brown (can also be used as an eyebrow colour for people will lighter brows) and 3 shimmery, darker shadows that are really nice contour colours. The blusher is a pretty peach shade that looks really natural and nice.



For lips, I would recommend you start with just a lipgloss, as they're easier to use and are still really nice. I love the Miss Sporty Cocktail Lipglosses which are £1.99 each. They come in some really pretty colours and are great. They aren't sticky or too intense, yet they add a perfect hint of colour to your lips. The reason I don't recommend starting with lipstick is because they're quite bold and harder to apply neatly, so I think it'd be better by starting with something simple like this.



For applying makeup, you may also need some tools and brushes. If you're new to makeup then you probably won't want to spend a huge amount of money on high end brushes. When I was new to makeup I bought the Claire's Neon Brush Set for £5.50 and I honestly still use them sometimes now they're that good! You get 6 brushes, a blush/powder brush, an eyebrow brush, a concealer brush, an eyeshadow brush, an angled brush and a sponge applicator (which I don't use). All of them are really soft (and dirty, I'm sorry) and a really good purchase.



So these are my makeup recommendations for anyone new to beauty. If you think I left something vital out or if I convinced you to buy something new then please let me know down in the comments. Thanks for reading!

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment