Product Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hello everyone! Today, I thought I'd bring you a review of a foundation that I really liked using, which is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. I've never mentioned it on my blog before, probably because I finished it before I created Daisies and Delights and haven't repurchased it yet. Anyway, I hope you like this post!

bourjois.co.uk

I really like the packaging of this foundation, as it's quite simplistic yet still stands out, due to the bright red lid. The writing is clear and easy to read, but tends to scratch off after a while, which is the only negative that I can find with the presentation of the product. This foundation is in a really slim and lightweight tube, which is great as it easily fits in my makeup bag and I can travel with it if necessary. It also has a pump, which is incredibly convenient and I couldn't go without this feature.

The pumps in this foundation are quite generous, so 1-2 tends to do for my whole face, but you might prefer to use more or less. It applies in a thin, even layer and blends out really well, covering the entirety of my face without difficulty. I only went for one layer of this foundation, but it can easily be built up if you want.

This foundation is really dewy has a slight bit of shimmer in it, which gives a real fresh look. I found that the colour can look quite orange at times, especially if a lot of it is applied, but this could just be an issue with the shade I picked. The coverage is quite light, so I'd recommend this to someone just looking for a little something to even out their skin tone. However, I have quite a bit of redness and hyper-pigmentation, so I need to use a heavy-duty concealer when wearing  this.

This foundation tends to last for quite some time and I've found it to be still in place at the end of the day. As it is quite dewy it may need powdering, especially if you have oily skin, but other than this it lasts really well. I would recommend to be careful if you have extremely dry skin, as this foundation tends to cling to those patches at times. This can be minimised by using a moisturiser or primer beforehand.

Overall, this product is great for some people and looks really nice, but there are some evident flaws. I would recommend it for someone who likes light and dewy makeup, or if you want subtle coverage for school or work. I hope you liked this review and I'll be back soon with a new post!

Love from Daisy x

Post a Comment